Policies for Our Inn in Mount Airy, North Carolina
Staying at The Vermeer Bed & Breakfast for vacation? Just passing through Surry County? Sightseeing on the Blue Ridge Parkway? Here for a business trip? Here are some things you need to know before you arrive. Thank you for making a reservation at The Vermeer Bed & Breakfast. This page contains important information about your reservation. Please take a moment to read it carefully. Save a copy for your future reference.
A fifty percent deposit is required in order to guarantee a room with all single-night reservations charged in full on the date they are made. All deposits must be made by credit card at the time of booking and will be guaranteed with the credit card on file.
The balance is due 15 days from booking (except for The Autumn Leaves Festival and Mayberry Days when balance is due 30 days from arrival).
Deposits may be made by personal check, but the check must be received within 15 days from the date that the reservation is made with the check for the balance due 30 days from arrival. We do not accept personal checks at check-in.
A two-night minimum is required for weekends (Friday and Saturday) and during The Autumn Leaves Festival and Mayberry Days.
Booking for a group? A group whole-house reservation will be held on a single credit card with a 50% deposit.
When making a reservation, please consider the economic impact that cancellations have on small inns. Given that The Vermeer Bed & Breakfast is a five-room inn, we are unable to withstand the loss of income that may result from a short-notice cancellation. While we are making a commitment to you by reserving your chosen room, you are making one to us as well.
We understand that sometimes cancellations are unavoidable. If a cancellation becomes necessary, please note:
• With a 15-day notice of cancellation, your deposit minus a $30.00 re-booking fee will be refunded
• Less than a 15-day notice of cancellation, you will be responsible for all room charges. In addition
• Holidays, weekends, special events and reservations for groups may require longer cancellation notice confirmed at the time the reservation is made
• A request to move or cancel are charged full amount. A request to change dates is considered a cancellation
• No-shows and same-day cancellations: By not allowing any possibility of rebooking the room, no-shows and same-day cancellations will incur full cost of the reservation
• There are no refunds for early departure. We reserve the right to treat a partial cancellation as a cancellation for the entire stay
• $40 re-booking fee applied per room booked covering administrative/credit card processing
• If the room cancellation is made less than 30 days before the first date of your reservation, half the nightly room rate will be charged unless we are able re-book your room
• Early departures are viewed as cancellations
• Group bookings of 3 or more rooms require 90-day notice of cancellation for 50% refund
Cancellations must be received by telephone call only.
Trip insurance is offered by several companies. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this low-cost option offering emergency protection of your funds.
We have no recommendation for a particular company, but here are a few to consider:
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.thevermeerbedandbreakfast.com and applies solely to information collected by this website. The Vermeer Bed and Breakfast will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration you will be required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the services on our site in which you have expressed interest. You may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site and as such, only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We have taken precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Access is given only to the employees who need the information to perform a specific job such as billing. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
This website does contain links to other sites. Please be aware that The Vermeer Bed and Breakfast is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.